Skilled Development Programmes (SKID) for the Student teachers and the Extension services rendered by the institution by the name Josephites in the Community (JIC) are identified as the Best practices of the institution.
1. Daily prayer in morning assembly.
2. Talent’s Day for the fresher’s was conducted for the First Year B.Ed Student teachers.
3. Micro teaching session, Demonstration and Criticism classes were arranged in the month of November for the First Year B.Ed Student teachers .
4. Value integrated lesson plans were taught to the second year B.Ed student teachers .
5. Workshop on Teaching Aids 26/06/2018 for the second Year B.Ed student teachers
6. Training in preparation of assessment tools on 27/07/2019was given to second year B.Ed student teachers
7. Training in Blog was provided to the First Year B.Ed Student teachers in August 2018
8. Training in Blog was provided to the First Year B.Ed Student teachers in August 2018
9. Second year B.Ed Student teachers conducted action research and projects and wrote reports.
10. Training in yoga by Baiju Vargheses (M.SC Yoga, Diploma In Yogic Education, Director, Athma Yoga Academy, Ponurunni)18/09/2018 & 19/09/2018 was provided to the First Year B.Ed and M.Ed Student.
11. Workshop on Theatre & Arts by Fr Daey Kunnath on 24/09/2018 & 25/09/2018 was provided to the First Year B.Ed and M.Ed Student.
12. Eco friendly products were prepared on 05/10/2018 by 1st year B.Ed Students of Natural Science and Physical Science Optional.
13. 1st year B.Ed Students of Natural Science and Physical Science Optionals planted Ayurvedic plants on 05/10/2018.
14. Study on prevailing ecofriendly practices in school on 01/10/2018 by 1st year B.Ed Students of Natural Science and Physical Science Optionals.
15. Seminar on Ecological Issues on 05/10/2018 was conducted by 1st year B.Ed Students of Natural Science and Physical Science Optionals.
16. Class on First Aid by Dr Shiji Francis 11/10/2018 was conducted for 1st year B.Ed Students.
17. Organised Sanjoe Cultural Fest 2018 on ‘Learning Across Cultures: Peerology Par Excellence’ in collaboration with University of South Australia on 15/11/2018. 90 students of our college interacted with 15 students from the University of Australia. This helped to understand the culture and methodologies adopted there and also widened their horizons .
18. Training in Journal review writing was provided to second year B.Ed Students.
19. B.Ed and M.Ed students interacted with transgenders on 23/12/2018 and became aware of their ordeals.
20. A study tour was conducted to Ooty and Wayanad from 15th to 19th January 2019 for second year B.Ed students.
21. Training in Communicative English and language lab sessions for the Second years were organized in January 2018.
22. Teaching Aids were distributed in rural school on 31/01/2019.
23. Training in making of Short film/documentary by Sr Aleena was given to second year B.Ed students.
24. Arts day was organized on 09/02/2019 by second year B.Ed students.
25. Seminar on Rights of Women with Special reference to POCSO Act – Resource Person: Mrs Beena Sebastin , Chairperson of Cultural Academy for Peace, 11/02/2019 was conducted for second year B.Ed students.
26. 5 day Community living Camp from 11-02-2019 to 15-02-2019 was conducted for second year B.Ed students.
27. Spiriual renewal by Sijo George was organised from 21/02/2019 to 23/02/2019 for the B.Ed students.
28. Food Fest 26/02/2019 was conducted for second year B.Ed students.
29. Sports day on 08/03/2019 was conducted for second year B.Ed students
Not much of the publicity was given for the food fest and hence the amount collected was also not much. Therefore it was decided to conduct the food fest by inviting the teachers and students of the neighboring school.
Helped the students to inculcate spiritual, cultural, social and ethical values, develop of competencies and skills to face the challenges of life, widen their horizons, grow in confidence.
1. Collection of clothes for the flood affected people at Kuttunad26/07/2018.
2. In response to the flood disaster that hit our state, the students from various optional classes volunteered for a mass online survey named ‘Rebuild Kerala’ of the State Government. The volunteers visited the houses in Kadamakudy Panchayath on 11 th , 12 th , 13 th , and 14 th September 2018 and collected the information about the damages caused by flood. Each volunteer was presented with a Certificate of Appreciation from the District Collector, Ernakulam as well as from Kadamakudy Panchayath.
3. ‘Kaithangu’ an extension activity by the staff and students of Malayalam optional from 06/08/2018 to 16/11/2018 was organised to o help high students to overcome the accumulated defects in using Malayalam Language in the teaching practice schools.
4. Visit to mangalavanam, Collection of Plastic bottles from the roadside on 13/02/2019.
5. Visit to Chavara School on 12/02/2019.
6. Horizon Opened for Personality Development and Education ‘HOPE’ During the year 2018 -2019 the Summer course from 02/04/2019 to16/04/2019 was conducted for the children at Children’s Home, Kakanad. 63 student teachers and 11 faculty took part in it. Basics of the school subjects were taught value integrated lessons were given and games for the children were organized.
The extension activity was conducted only for two weeks and hence the children from Chidren’s home could not benefit much. It was decided to extend the period by deploying more student teachers.The Children at Childrens home also voiced their desire to have more Science and English Classes.
Students grew in social responsibility. They developed social commitment and sensitivity towards the needs of others.